Handmade Herbal Butter Soap
Handmade soap from Ayurka is a sweet smelling soap that is 100% natural and completely herbal. It is a butter soap made up with kokum butter along with the natural base oils like coconut oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, rice bran oil, honeysuckle oil, lemongrass oil, almond oil and other products like beeswax, madder root powder, honey, walnut scrub powder and turmeric root powder. The natural ingredients present in handmade soap helps in restoring the body's water content. We use best nourishing oils in our handmade soap that brings the glow to your skin and leaves the skin soft and supple.
How Handmade Soap is made?
The natural handmade soap is prepared by using traditional cold processed method without using any harsh chemicals that are harmful to your skin and even mother earth. In this method, oils (natural fats) are mixed with an alkali such as sodium hydroxide that produces soap and glycerine. This chemical process is called as saponification. Soap helps in cleansing the skin while glycerine moisturizes it. Glycerine is produced naturally during this process and we do not remove it from our handmade soap. Most soap manufacturers remove glycerine from their soap and sell it to cosmetic manufacturers. Presence of natural glycerine in our soap bar helps in moisturizing the skin and leaves the skin soft, silky and smooth.
The handmade soap from Ayurka is made in small batches by using highest quality and pure skin loving oils which are full of anti-oxidants and vitamin E that gives many benefits to your skin. For adding the color to our handmade soap, we use madder root powder and turmeric root powder that provides natural color to our handmade soap. For adding the fragnance, we use honeysuckle oil and lemongrass oil instead of the synthetic fragnances that can cause allergies on your skin.
Our handmade soaps differ from transparent glycerine based soaps as they are made out of pure vegetable oils. They lose transparency during the process and its best to use them in their most natural form. Most of the transparent soaps available in the market have a fancy appeal but are made using alcohol and harsh detergents like SLS, SLES etc. which dry out the skin in the long run. This is where we are different and promote pure natural handmade soap.
Why Handmade Soap is better than Commercial Soap?
We can easily buy the soaps available on the store. But these soaps are full of chemicals that can cause dryness to your skin. They remove the dirt from the body but then leave the skin dehydrated. Following are the differences between handmade soap and commercial soap.
1. In handmade soap, glycerin (the natural moisturizer) is retained in it and not removed while making the soap. This makes our soap soft and not hard. In Commercial soap, glycerine is removed during the soap making process and is sold separately in the market. Since, the natural moistuizer has been removed, this makes it hard and harsh on the skin.
2. Handmade soaps from Ayurka are made with natural vegetable oil like coconut oil which when mixed with caustic soda poduces the best cleansing and moisturing agent. Other oils are also used with coconut oil to enhance the moisturizing and cleansing effect.
Commercial soap mainly consists of chemicals like parabens (that gives body extra estrogen and disturbs endocrine system), phthalates (that can cause infertility and problems in sperm development) and petrochemicals (that are made from petroleum and should not be considered safe).
3. Our handmade soap is free from harsh chemicals like SLS and SLES. These chemicals just produces the foam and does not give the effective cleansing. Presence of chemicals in commerical soaps is one of the reasons that people suffer from dryness and develop diseases like eczema, psoriasis etc. Instead of such harsh chemicals, we use natural vegetables oils like coconut oil that helps in producing the lather.
4. Our handmade soap is free from any preservatives. Our soaps are made using plant origin oils and preservatives are not required for oil based soaps. We use wheatgerm oil which is a natural preservative and a source of Vitamin E to control rancidity. Most of the commercial soaps have Methyl/Propyl paraben as preservatives. These break down to Formaldehyde which is one of the causes of cancer.
5. We do not use any Animal fat of cow or pig. Sodium Tallowate is a fat derived from beef (cow product). Many commercial soaps contain such ingredients.
6. Handmade soap from Ayurka is produced in smaller batches with a more watchful eye. It is created by people who consciously care about their craft. Most commercial soaps are produced in large factories by machines.
7. We use madder root powder and turmeric root powder which are natural colorants. They are plant derives colors and used as a natural dye in cosmetic products. Our handmade soap is made without any artificial color. Commercial soap contains artificial coloring which can cause health problems and illness in humans.
8. We use honeysuckle oil and lemongrass oil for adding fragnance to our soap. In commercial soaps, synthetic fragnances are used that can cause allergy to your skin.
Absence of SLS - SLES in Handmade Soap:
While using soaps, shampoos, toothpastes or body washes, we think more the foam is produced better is the product performance. To increase this foaming action in products, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) and SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) are added. These are the chemicals that act as an foaming agent and converts liquid into foam and creates a rich lather. They also act as surfactants to trap oil based dirt that can be rinsed away easily with the help of water. The disadvantage of using these chemicals is that they can not only cause irritation in skin but also leaves the skin dry. These chemicals also pollute the ground water and is also toxic to fish and other marine life. It can also cause irritation in eyes. Soaps with these chemicals are not recommended for people who have dry skin, eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis.
Our handmade soap is made up of 100% natural ingredients such as coconut oil, kokum butter, sunflower oil etc. and is much more effective than the soaps made from synthetic chemicals. Coconut oil helps in producing a rich lather naturally. Handmade soap from Ayurka is 100% herbal and is completely safe to use.
Absence of Parabens in Handmade Soap
Parabens are the chemicals that are used as the preservatives in cosmetic products and personal care products to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, fungus and other micro-organisms in the product, especially when the product in kept in moist and warm bathroom. Most of the cosmetic products use combination of parabens to stop the growth of broad range of bacterias. Now people are looking for the products that are parabens free because they can be really harmful to your body. Parabens can disrupt the normal functioning of hormone system which can further lead to disruption in growth, development, brain and reproduction systems. There have been studies that show some parabens can mimic the activity of estrogen hormone that can result to breast cancer. Applying paraben based creams can lead to damage of skin cells by UV rays and disturbs cell growth rate which can lead to skin cancer. Use of products that contains parabens is not recommended specially for pregnant women and yound children.
Absence of Animal Fat in Handmade Soap
Most of the soaps available in market contain animal fat. There are two types of animal fat - one fat comes from the kidneys and other organs which is obtained by killing animals and second fat comes from the dead body of the animals. These fats are turned into oil by heating them which is then used in soaps as main ingredient. Although for soap making, animal fat is not essential. Fat can come from other ways too. But the manufacturers prefer animal fat because it is available in market at a very cheap rate. Our handmade soap is free from Animal fats and we are using different vegetable oils and butter for its making. We are against any cruelty on animals.
No Testing on Animals
The cosmetic products are applied on the human body for beautifying, cleansing and many other purposes. The ingredients used in the cosmetic products should not cause any irritation, pain or any kind of defect or disease in the human body. For testing this, the ingredients are being tested on the animals. Tests are performed on rabbits, mice, rats and guinea pigs. Skin and eye irritation tests are checked by puting the chemical onto the shaved skin or eyes of the animal. Animals are forced to eat large amount of chemicals to check for the dosage that can cause death. Ayurka is against testing on Animals and our handmade soap is not tested on animals. The natural ingredients used in handmade soap are 100% safe and have a long history of safe use.
Honeysuckle soap from Ayurka is made by hand using best quality of honeysuckle oil. It is a sweet smelling soap that makes your skin soft, fresh and supple. It contains manjishtha powder i.e. powder of madder root plant to give the natural color to soap. Presence of honey in honeysuckle soap provides lots of nutrients to skin and moisturizes the skin. It is an excellent soap for skin which is made with natural ingredients like vegetable oils and honey that works best for your dry and sensitive skin.
Lemongrass Soap from Ayurka is made by hand using best quality of lemongrass essential oil. It provides a number of benefits to your skin. Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties inhibits the growth of bacterias and microbes on your skin and keeps your skin healthy and germ free. Presence of almond oil and walnut scrub in lemongrass soap helps in cleaning out the dead skin and makes skin soft, supple and clean. It also helps in removing dark spots and pigmentation. Lemongrass soap with almond oil is made with natural ingredients that works wonders to your sensitive skin.