TIPS FOR HEALTHY EYES
In this age of modern technology, one finds it impossible to work without their devices. These devices such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets and television have become an integral part of our lives. They are our basic source of communication and interaction with the outer world. But while communicating with the world, we tend to forget about taking care of our most important body organ; the eyes. The eyes help us to connect with all the devices yet we fail to take good care of them.
The importance of eye care is a universal tradition; still many people seem to neglect it. Listed below are some tips to take good care of the eyes, to ensure that they keep working perfectly in the present and future both:
- Get an extensive check-up: to start taking care of your eye sight, you first need to get a detailed examination of your eyes. This will help in determine the kind of eye care you require. For example whether you do or do not require glasses or lenses or if your eyes are turning weak but can be treated with few medicines, exercises or diet. You should first check for the condition of your eye sight and then move forward.
- Balanced Diet: the familiar tune of our parents of eating a balanced diet to cure anything. The said formula holds true in most cases and in this case also. Eating a balanced and vitamins rich diet can benefit you in not just staying healthy but also keeping your eye sight healthy. Including fruits like grapes, papaya, apricots and sweet potatoes can help repair the eyes. Also dark leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale and cucumber act as a blessing for eyes.
- Get proper rest: a working individual may devote minimum of eight hours of his day at work. While he may or may not work in front of a screen, there is always another screen which occupies him- his smart phone. The small screen has him glued to itself by at times making him check his messages or some video or social networking sites. Somehow or the other, the person is compelled to check his phone. The only solution to this problem is self -control and getting proper rest. Having minimum of eight hours of sleep and not exposing your eyes to a screen for a longer period may prove beneficial in the long run.
- Power Yoga for eyes: the ample knowledge of yoga brings us some simple and effective exercises for our eyes. Whenever feeling you feel the strain from working long hours in front of a screen, you can practice these exercises on your table or make it a routine to practice them daily for better effect.
Power yoga for eyes
- Palming- the key here is to relax yourself and then placing your warmly rubbed hands over the eyes to give them a soothing effect.
- Blinking- we may forget to blink while staring at a screen for long period of time. Therefore, take a minute’s break and blink your eyes rapidly to bring back the habit.
- Changing focus of eyes from side to side simultaneously
- Changing focus of eyes forward and sideways simultaneously
- Rotational viewing
- Viewing upwards and down simultaneously
- Preliminary nose tip gazing
- Near and distant viewing